New version of Google maps Umbraco datatype released
I've released a new version of my Google maps datatype for Umbraco. The new package and the documentation are available from the our.umbraco project page.
Here is a summary of the new features and enhancements:
- Added a clear button to remove a stored location.
- Moved all CSS from user control to external CSS file to allow user to alter map appearance.
- Added support for default map locations on a per domain basis.
- GUI based configuration of datatype, no need to edit XML config files any more.
- Config GUI can be added to Umbraco dashboard.
- General code/markup cleanup.
For me, the datatype is now pretty much feature complete. If you'd like to see anything else added, you can submit a request in the package feature request forum. Bugs can be reported in the package Bug report forum.
Over the next few weeks I'll blog more on displaying maps on the front end of your web site and share a little more information on calculating the distance between stored points.