Introducing Bill4U - an Umbraco billing system
I haven't blogged for a while and one of the reasons is that I've been working on Bill4U - a billing system based on Umbraco.
Bill4U is targeted at small businesses and freelancers who generate a relatively small amount of invoices each month. It allows you to quickly bill customers from the Umbraco dashboard, simplifies repetitive tasks like repeat billing and allows you to quickly and easily create order forms on your website using Umbraco Contour.
Out of the box you can generate branded PDF invoices and collect payments via Paypal. Bill4U is VAT aware and can be easily configured to work with your own regional settings.
Bill4U is also extremely extensible - the business logic is separated into small discrete tasks which can be overriden, replaced or removed. You can also add your own additional steps into the Bill4U workflows by implementing a simple interface.
I'm still working on the manual, but in the meantime you can get to know Bill4U by watching some of the screencasts below.
- Introduction to Bill4U (screencast)
- Getting started demo (screencast)
- The order document type (screencast)
- Configuration overview (screencast)
- Paypal payments (screencast)
- EU VAT validation (screencast)
- Billing forms with Contour (screencast)
- Currency conversion XSLT extensions (screencast)
- Customise the Bill4U menu (screencast)
- Extending Bill4U (screencast)
You can download an evaluation of Bill4U from the our.umbraco project page.