Using and creating delay tasks in Workflow for Umbraco
Following on from my three previous screencasts - this short 5 minute cast shows how to utilise the default delay tasks in Workflow for Umbraco and also how to implement your own.
As usual the code that accompanies the screen cast is available from the sample code repository.
To summarise the screencast:
- A delay tasks causes the workflow to pause.
- To implement your own you just implement IDelayTask
- The runtime willl tell your task what time it was started by setting the StartTime property.
- The runtime will periodically ask your delay task whether it is complete by calling the IsComplete Method.
- You can use the StartTime property to perfome time based calculations or collect user properties as with runable tasks.
- Delay tasks can be good for delayed publish, tweet etc and allow you to specify when subsequent tasks should happen.