PDF from Umbraco in 3 minutes
Here is a quick demonstration of how to generate PDF files from Umbraco using PDF Creator for Umbraco. The whole process should take less than 3 minutes. You can click on the screenshots below for larger versions.
- Navigate to the Developer section of
- Expand the packages node in the tree and click "Umbraco package repository".
- Type PDF Creator in the search dialogue.
- In the search results hover over PDF creator and then click Install Package
- On the resulting screen check the
checkbox labelled Accept License.
- Click the Install Package button.
- Wait for package installation to be
- Navigate to the settings section of Umbraco.
- Expand Document Types in the tree.
- Choose a Document type.
- In the Allowed templates control check one or more sample PDF templates.
- Go to the Content section of
- Open a document of the type you set up a PDF template for.
- Associate one of those templates with your document.
- Click Save and Publish
- When you open the document it is rendered as a PDF.
By default this works for any document type that uses bodyText as the alias for the main Rich text content area.
PDF output can be fully customised by modifying the templates.