Simple PDF generation from Umbraco with Razor or XSLT
The screencast below demonstrates PDF Creator for Umbraco 2.0. I've dropped the XSL prefix from the package title as you can now use the templating language of your choice to output PDF.
This tool does not mimic your HTML layouts in PDF format but allows you to define rich, unrestricted layouts suitable for printing using FO.
- PDF files are created as Umbraco templates
- PDFs are created using your templating language of choice, Razor, XSLT or your favourite.
- Easily embed Fonts, Images and SVG.
PDF Creator is a commercial package.
New features in version 2:
- No custom Macro required - just use standard Umbraco templates to output FO.
- Use Razor and other template languages.
- Force the browser to download a PDF with a specific file name.
- Big performance gains, both memory and CPU.
- Newer version of PDF rendering engine with better FO support.
- Improved user manual.
For examples of PDF files generated using PDF creator please have a look at the Vizioz Umbraco case studies page.
I've also written a blog post on how to get started with the package.