Workflow for Umbraco decision tasks
In the latest in a series of screencasts abour Workflow for Umbraco I explain decision tasks. Decision tasks make the workflow runtime stop and wait for user input before continuing.
Out of the box you have a Group decision task and a user decision task. The screencast also explains how to write your own decision tasks.
The sample code in the screencast is available in the sample source code repository.
Click below to watch the screencast:
- The user decision task allows a list of specified Umbraco users to transition a task
- The group decision task allows a list of specified Umbraco user types to transiton a task
- To create your own decision tasks implement IDecisionTask
- The runtime will ask if a user can transition a task by calling the CanTransition method of IDecisionTask
- If you want to write your own GUI (aspx) to perform the transition override the TransitionUrl property of IDecisionTask a sample is provided in the code accompanying the screencast.